core component of the laboratory will be on research activities. This
will be achieved by maintaining excellent research facilities and
staff,hosting visiting researchers and taking advantage of linkages
with research laboratories worldwide. To accommodate the emerging
impact of the Internet in development context, the laboratory will
concentrate not only on technical issues but also on business and
The main functions of intERLab are:
- To concentrate on being the center with up-to-date information on the Internet development and related information of the region;
- To provide training programs to enhance the skills of existing infrastructure engineers and technologists;
- To educate policy makers and government employees of the applications of the Internet.
- To update education specialists regarding e-learning technologies;
- To raise the awareness of the development and social workers of the social impacts of the technology; and
- To bring the new business practices and their legal implications to the attention of lawyers, business practitioners and professionals.