5 - 7 November 2007
|Course Fees :
|| THB 20,000
|| THB 18,750 (till 29th October 2007)
|( Early-bird registration fees must be paid before
29 October 2007 where as Standard registration
fees must be paid before or on
November 2007 by cheque
or wire transfer payment. )
(Class-size limit: 28 participants)
Training Center, AIT, Thailand
Shepherd (Cisco), John Zwiebel (Cisco)
To get participants to design and set up a set of inter-connected
After having experienced this workshop as a student, an attendee will be able to engineer multicast networks within his/her campus/organization, to explain multicast engineering concepts to peers, and, in some cases, to help teach or facilitate future multicast workshops.
Who should attend?
This is a
technical workshop, made up of lectures and hands-on lab work. Open to technical
staff and Network Engineer/Administrators
who are now or soon will be deploying IPMulticast services on a IP based
Internet Service Provider (ISP) network, Enterprise network, Campus network or
Internet exchange Point (IXP), for one-to-many and/or many-to-many data/media/NGN
distribution services and applications.
This training covers the followings topics:
- Router Configuration
- Multicast addressing
- Protocol Soup
- IGMP (Internet Group Membership Protocol) used by hosts and routers to tell each other about group membership
- PIM-SM (Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode) used to propagate forwarding state between routers.
- SSM (Source Specific Multicast) utilizes a subset of PIM's functionality to guaranty source-only trees in the 232/8 range.
- MSDP (Multicast Source Discovery Protocol) used to exchange ASM active source information between RPs.
- MBGP (Multiprotocol BGP) used to exchange routing information for interdomain RPF checking.
- SSM & other topics
- Deploying multicast in a multi-vendor environment
Fundamentals; IGP and BGP router configuration basics.
Biography of instructors:
View all trainings
Certificate of paticipation, training materials, lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Please note that the places are limited and the registration will be on a "first come - first served" basis.
If you have any further queries, please contact Ms. Wit Hmone at +66-2 524 6611 (for AIT internal user dial 6611 only) or email: training at interlab.ait.ac.th.